Charlotte Nature Museum Camps are a real hoot!
From preschool to rising grade 5, kids will discover amazing critters and natural treasures in a fun, safe learning environment. Each camp offers a unique immersive experience as junior curators explore the outdoors, conduct experiments, meet live animals and more.
Information and Policies
- Registration Dates
• Registration for Members begins Wednesday, January 27, 2016.
• Registration for non-Members begins Wednesday, February 3, 2016.
- Registration Process
• Register online at charlottenaturemuseum.org, call 800.935.0553 or 704.372.6261 x300 weekdays from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
• Full payment must be made at the time of registration, plus any applicable sales and use tax.
• Emergency Medical and Release Form must be completed 2 weeks prior to the start of Camp.
- Membership Discounts
Members, don't forget to sign in or register for our new online portal to receive your discounted rate for Summer Camps.
If you have not already registered for the new system, you will need to create a new username and password to take advantage of exclusive discounts and benefits. If you have registered, please be sure to Sign In before completing your purchase.
Click here to access the new online portal.
If you are newly registered, you may need to Sign Out and Sign In again to receive your Membership discounts. If you are unable to access your Membership account, please contact the Membership Office at email@example.com or 704.372.6261 x354.
- I've registered. What's next?
Send in the Emergency Medical and Release Form. This form is REQUIRED. Your Camper will not be allowed to attend Camp until we have a completed form.
- Where do I go? What do I do?
Charlotte Nature Museum is located at 1658 Sterling Road, Charlotte, NC 28209. Park in the Museum's parking lot — it's free!
Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to the start of Camp. On the first day of Camp, parents/guardians should escort Campers to the Museum's entrance for a brief meet and greet with Summer Camp staff. For the remaining days of Camp, a carpool drop-off/pick-up system will be used.
The pick-up location is the same as the drop off location.
Please apply sunscreen and/or bug spray before dropping off your Camper for the day.
- What do I pack?
• Half Day Campers need to bring a nut-free snack.
• Full Day Campers need to bring a nut-free lunch plus morning/afternoon snacks.
• Reusable water bottles are recommended.
• Please wear comfortable "can-get-dirty" clothes and closed-toed shoes along with a complete change of clothes.
• Bug spray and sunblock are highly recommended.
• All Campers must be fully potty trained and age 3 by April 1, 2016.
- Cancellation Policy
• Cancellation notice of 3 weeks is required for a full refund. A $35 processing fee per child, per Camp, will be charged for all refunds.
• Programs with low enrollment 3 weeks prior to the start date are subject to cancellation. If cancellation occurs, the family will be notified and given the opportunity to select another Camp or receive a refund.
Search Summer Camp Options
Summer Camp Age Groups
All Campers must be fully potty trained and age 3. Camps run Monday - Thursday from 9:00 a.m. - noon. Campers need to bring a nut-free snack. Choose as many sessions as you like. Enter the world o…